The mission of BetterInvesting (formerly the National Association of Investors Corp.) is to provide a program of sound investment information, education and support that helps create successful, lifetime investors.
Membership Demographics and Statistics
Currently 198,964 people belong to BetterInvesting. Of that number about 66 percent are female and 34 percent are male. 25,181 are individual, non-investment club members.
- 694 are youth members.
- Members include 17,992 investment clubs. (See Investment Club Statistics, below.)
- Median member age is 55.8.
- Average household income of BetterInvesting members is $114,100.
- 72.2 percent hold a college or advanced graduate degree.
- Average length of time a member holds a stock is four years.
Investment Club Demographics and Statistics
17,992 investment clubs nationwide are members of BetterInvesting. Of that number, 54 percent consist of only women, 38 percent include both men and women, and 8 percent consist of only men. Other interesting statistics:
- Average investment club age = four years
- Average members per club = 11
- Average club member's individual monthly investment amount = $84
- Average club's total monthly investment amount = $927
- Total portfolio value of all members = $117 billion
- Total new money invested monthly by members = $131 million
- Average BetterInvesting investment club portfolio value = $86,700
BetterInvesting Investment Philosophy
BetterInvesting encourages its members to follow these four guidelines when investing:
- Invest a set amount regularly, once a month over your lifetime, regardless of market conditions.
- Reinvest all dividends and capital gains for compound growth.
- Buy growth stocks – companies with sales and earnings that are increasing at a rate faster than industry.
- Diversify your portfolio – invest in different industries and different size companies.
BetterInvesting Regional Chapters
BetterInvesting has 98 regional chapters across the country with 1,680 volunteers. These regional chapters hold investment seminars, workshops, computer events and Investor Fairs throughout the year.
History of BetterInvesting
BetterInvesting is a nonprofit, tax exempt organization whose membership consists of investment clubs and individual investors. The organization was founded in 1951 with a mission to provide a program of sound investment information, education and support that helps create successful, lifetime investors. BetterInvesting's programs, services and products are designed to help individuals of all knowledge levels to become successful, long-term investors.
On average, BetterInvesting members' investment portfolios have consistently outperformed market averages. First as NAIC and now as BetterInvesting, the organization has provided investment education to more than five million individuals and is a charter member of the World Federation of Investors, providing investment education in over 17 countries worldwide.