The National Association of Investors Corp.'s mission is to provide a program of sound investment information, education and support that helps create successful, lifetime investors.
Membership Demographics and Statistics
Currently 243,934 people belong to NAIC. Of that number about 66 percent are female and 33 percent are male.
29,429 are individual, non-investment club members.
- 941 are youth members.
- Members include 21,312 investment clubs. (See Investment Club Statistics, below.)
- Median member age is 55.8.
- Average household income of NAIC members is $114,100.
- 72.2 percent hold a college or advanced graduate degree.
- Average length of time an NAIC member holds a stock is four years.
Investment Club Demographics and Statistics
21,312 investment clubs nationwide are members of NAIC. Of that number, 54% consist of only women, 38 percent include both men and women, and 8 percent consist of only men. Other interesting statistics:
- Average investment club age = four years
- Average members per club = 11
- Average club member's individual monthly investment amount = $84
- Average club's total monthly investment amount = $927
- Total portfolio value of all NAIC members = $117 billion
- Total new money invested monthly by NAIC members = $131 million
- Average NAIC investment club portfolio value = $86,700
NAIC Investment Philosophy
NAIC encourages its members to follow these four guidelines when investing:
- Invest a set amount regularly, once a month over your lifetime, regardless of market conditions.
- Reinvest all dividends and capital gains for compound growth.
- Buy growth stocks – companies with sales and earnings that are increasing at a rate faster than industry.
- Diversify your portfolio – invest in different industries and different size companies.
NAIC Regional Chapters
NAIC has 104 regional chapters across the country with more than 1,800 volunteers. These regional chapters hold investment seminars, workshops, computer events and Investor Fairs throughout the year.
History of NAIC
NAIC is a nonprofit, tax exempt organization whose membership consists of investment clubs and individual investors. NAIC was founded in 1951 with a mission to provide a program of sound investment information, education and support that helps create successful, lifetime investors. NAIC's programs, services and products are designed to help individuals of all knowledge levels to become successful, long-term investors.
On average, NAIC member's investment portfolios have consistently outperformed market averages. NAIC has provided investment education to more than five million individuals and is a charter member of the World Federation of Investors, providing investment education in over 17 countries worldwide.